Basic 5 Kg hunting/stalking pack:
- Hunters Element 15L Vertical Pack. (855g)
- 3L water Camel Back (with 1L water, incorporated in pack).
- Folding Hand Saw.
- 2 S Hooks.
- Disposable Gloves.
- Toilet Paper.
- Ear Plugs.
- 40 L dry pack / Meat Bag.
- Ledlenser Head Lamp.
- First aid Kit.
- Knife Sharpener.
- Garmin eTrex 10 GPS.
- MT410G Emergency Personal Locator Beacon (PLB).
- Falkniven F1 Knife on pack strap.
- Puma SGB Knife (Spare).
- Emergency Kit (in Camel Back pocket)
This kit gives me sufficient tools to process and carry out game, deer etc from a hunt / stalk.
- Space blanket.
- Sawyer MINI Water Filtration System.
- Spare AA and AAA batteries.
- Bic mini lighter
- Compression bandage.
- Folding Knife.
- BG Flint and Striker fire starter.
- Cotton wool soaked in vaseline (firestarters).
- Wet Wipes.
Emergency kit is for any event where I might not get back to camp or the car because of injury, distance or just plain lost. This stuff can aid others I may come across also.
Camel Back pouch.
Emergency kit is in the Camel Back pouch flat and out of the way.
Pack for hunting including the pack itself is 5Kg.
I also carry a .308 Rifle and Ammo 4 Kg,
All items in hunt pack plus UHF Radio, Binos and belt knife.
- High Strength Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net.
- Klymit ultralight inflatable sleeping mat.
- Atlas Hammock Suspension Staps.
- Tarp / Fly.
- 4 Degree C Hiking Sleeping Bag
Have slept 2 nights at 0 degrees C and it was very comfortable and warm.
With the ultralight stove, pot and spoon total weight 4 Kg.
This sleeping kit will fit in the pack with the sleeping bag strapped to the top, total pack 14.5 Kg. Add dehydrated and powdered food for 3 days add 1.5 Kg.
16Kg total stalking pack, sleeping system and carry items.